Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Something NEW
























Jack makes a "cookie" using every play dough color ALL at once. Jane rides the double-ended rolling pin through the kitchen like a skate board. Silverware everywhere. I unholster our beloved Dustbuster, suck up everything I can: dust, dirt, dough, fuzz, small toy pieces, scraps of paper, lint, pennies, dryer sheets, frighten the baby. Yes, my version of "picking-up".

I say a prayer of thanks as I almost, almost shorten our mailbox to ground level backing out of the driveway. Almost. In the good cheer of that I pass around granola bars and gum until everyone is QUIET. Shhhh. Ahhhhhh.

That's right this is an emergency trip to TJ Maxx, home of the good deal, and as it turns out, the perfect pillowcase.

























My sweet sister-in-law, Cerissa, suggested I try making a pillowcase dress. Only a few short hours ago this simple dress was a standard sized pillowcase. A snip here, a cut there, a little ribbon and elastic, and WOW, our new FAVORITE dress! $1.99 pillowcase, $0.30 ribbon, $0.40 elastic. Thanks Cerissa!

For a great tutorial click HERE.

























"Momma, is today a special day?" the words roll out in that same sigh that asks how long it is until summer.

Special? I pause. "Kind of feels like it. Do you think it's a special day?"

Janie wrinkles her chin, nods, "Because of God's glory it probably is."

Oh yeah, glory, how did I forget? Just like air.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the glory thing! Thank you, Jane, for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. someday, maybe someday I can make a pillow dress...

    ReplyDelete