Thursday, May 21, 2009

Firsts

















Well, I'm sorry to say Daddy is missing a few firsts while away in Kenya. {Sigh} Like today, Lucy's first PUKE. A shame I know. Isn't this the sort of thing we should all be enjoying together? :) Alright, I know him immersed in the underbelly of human suffering has to count for something, but still I hate to hog the fun here at home. :) A few days ago Janie may have said it best, "I'm so happy I just want to grind my teeth." Ha-ha. Grinding away!

Which brings me to a very sincere THANK-YOU for all your prayers. Really, it's not so bad after all.

Putting things in perspective, this next day Craig will be visiting a Kenyan infant orphanage. By comparison, what a fabulous burden: my no longer puking baby.

3 comments:

  1. It does seem like dads have a natural ability to dodge the puke-fests. Whenever AJ got sick and would cough hard at night, it would make him puke. So of course, every time Mark went out of town, guess who got to stumble around half-awake at 2 a.m. changing the sheets, bathing the kiddo, finding clean jammies. Ah, motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that she's feeling better, friend! And it was lovely to see you today, even briefly. You and the kids to seem to be doing wonderfully and I admire your courageous spirit and easy smile. Craig must be so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy I want to grind my teeth - hilarious! I laughed out loud and now my little Thomas is mimicking me "HAA HA HO!" as he does his little tippy-toe run though our house with his chubby cheeks a-bouncin' away :) Thanks for the giggle. So glad the Lord has been near you and yours during your hubby's trip. Love,Daiq

    ReplyDelete