Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Panther















Ever have a week like this?



On a lighter note, a few weeks ago I started reading Little House in the Big Woods to Jack and Jane. Somewhere near the beginning Grampa is chased by a panther. As I read, they sat breathless, eyes wide. Then, the panther SCREAMED. I didn't know that panthers screamed so I decided to demonstrate. It was spectacular. A little too realistic though, I guess, as both kids spontaneously burst into hysterics. It took some time to calm them down and finally finish the chapter. Strangely, they still LOVE the book. For weeks now however, Jack, Jane, (or Craig) interject story time with, "Don't scream, Momma." At first, they were seriously concerned. Now they just poke fun at a momma in love with reading.

7 comments:

  1. That picture is priceless! Enjoy Little House - and the aforementioned pig's bladder part. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I wanna hear you scream, PLEASE!snuffle snort hahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha....that is hilarious! Logan started screaming in Target yesterday when I tried to get him to touch a green (fake) feather that he was curious about floating about on the floor. Imagination mixed with innocence can be a wild thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HIlarious! I, too, am dying to hear this scream of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bethany! it's great to see your blog and your CUTE kids! thanks for your comment... i'm so glad to be able to see your blog!!
    -erin (grady) oranen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am laughing at the picture you've painted! :) What a great story! :) I guess none of your kids will be asking for any panther costumes in the near future! :) LE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes... I have definitely had a week like that before... But unfortunately, I'm usually the one that looks like Lucy, not Ava!
    That sounds like a great book. I can just picture you acting out the part of the panther!
    You're such a great mom, your kids will forever appreciate how interactive you are!

    ReplyDelete