Sunday, October 31, 2010
She almost electrocuted herself this week that after she pinned herself under a printing press. This one seems poised for action.
290. The moon-shaped bruise on Lulie's chin -- all that's left after Janie muscled the press off her sister.
291. Jane's careful blink-blink at me when I tell her, "You're earning trust, honey."
292. Jack's nuzzle in my face when I say I'm not mad, puzzle pieces forgotten.
293. The smudgy outfit Myra wore to church.
294. The crew of kids that pulled me past breakfast bowls and into the car this morning, drippy nose and head cold not withstanding.
295. The carpet husband unfurled in the basement for me, the re-roll and cut to fit part included.
296. His gravity defying will to keep doing nice things for me.
297. Our warm fire and popcorn-picnic.
298. How the children cheered when I suggested dilly beans.
299. Another puzzle. Yup. 500 pieces of the Rocky Mountains reflected in a mountain stream.
300. How the children find puzzle pieces for each other to put in. "Here Lulie, you can push this one in."
301. Sudafed. The real stuff.
302. Baby who nurses well and can say a whole sentence in an eye-blink.
303. A good, good life full of all the important things. The way good things make you feel rested inside even when you're exhausted.