Sunday, July 18, 2010
"Momma, I got a drink with this," A chunk of old cushion foam.
"I'll show you how I do it. We just dip it in and just," she opens her mouth and sucks the water out. Then, she dunks it again, "See?"
"Oh, I see."
Jane grins, "Yeah, I just dip it in and drink it."
Jack rounds the corner. A wadded dish towel drips on his toes.
"Oh Lucy, MAN!" The kitchen floor split into a lake, they haul bath towels and more bowls and rip the foam piece into three chunks and drink and drink.
Then they carry their vats outside. "Momma we have way too many sponges in the bowl. You can come out here and drink a little water with us in the shade." Before I answer they disappear, flop out on the back grass.
"Can we invite Logan and Thad over? Because we have too many sponges. Can we invite Logan and Thad over to drink a little?" They sprawl out on elbows and drink up lakes of summer.
97. Birthday cake.
98. Pudgy arms squeezed and squished into new dress until a seam unravels.
99. Sewing machine and red thread.
100. Tall daughter grown taller, curls tied back.
101. Cousins and cousins and aunties, uncles, grand parents, great-grand and more cousins.
102. Morning runs.
103. New shoes because husband insisted. Running shoes.
104. A race! I got to run a race. Jane prayed I'd win. And that was better than winning.