Today, among family and friends we dedicated Myra Rose to the Lord. Our children smiled and waved to the crowded pews. Lulie chattered on in girlish delight and milled from hand to hand. Finally, Daddy tethered her grinning self to our side for the prayer. Jane, Jack, Lulie, grandparents and Great-Grammie, aunts and uncles, cousins, a baby in our arms -- such blessing near and far. As we stand before God and all, I smile wide. And, even with my eyes closed I feel Craig at my elbow, the best part. I know every step will be blessed. Lord, our daughter is yours.
Who knew on the one year anniversary of my half-marathon we'd dedicate our fourth child to the Lord? And to think in three short days my brother now leaves for Africa. Has it really been a year since Craig was there? I wonder what the next one-year-stride will bring.
22. The bleating cry of my baby.
23. Dirt under two-year-old fingernails.
24. My belly sinking back to normal size.
25. Going barefoot.
26. Painting fingernails with daughters.
27. Tall glasses of water.
28. Stretchy swaddling blankies, bright colors.
29. The guileless blue of my husband's eyes.
30. Little boy who holds my hand so cars won't hit me.